Goals & Objectives
The Provincial Projected Targets under Council of Common Interests (CCI) recommendations
Taking (Pakistan Demographic and Health Survey) PDHS 2017-18 as a bench mark.
- Total Fertility Rate (TFR) will be decreased from 4.1 (PDHS 2017-18) to 3.57 by 2025 and 3.2 till 2030.
- The (Contraceptive Prevalence Rate) CPR will be increased from 30% (PDHS 2017-18) to 42% by 2025 and 49% till 2030 with annual increase of 1.5%.
- Population Growth Rate will be decreased from 2.8% (PDH 2017-18) to 1.8% by 2025 and 1.7% till 2030.
- Promote family planning as a Reproductive Health Right, based on informed and voluntary choice.
- Attain replacement level fertility through enhanced voluntary family planning.
- Reduce unmet need of contraception and unwanted pregnancies through universal access and improved quality of family planning services.
- Adhere to the requisites for ‘demographic dividend’ for economic growth by making investment in child survival, reproductive health and prioritizing education especially female education.